Mobile is the future of elearning. Even with the current challenges mobile learning of operating systems, browser support there's no real doubt that mobile learning is quick becoming widely accepted to deliver and aid manage activities around learning delivery.
As mobile elearning increases ground there will be a growth requires looking further than notifications for users and quick follow ups appraisals via mobile devices. There is a want to take a look at porting a few other side LMS administrator serious learner and side LMS administrator functions to mobile platform / devices.
We have listed what we really feel is really a listing of 10 useful (will need to have) functions in a mobile version of the LMS (with regard to simplicity we have separated them into Administrator functions and Learner):
1) Use of all notifications on mobile version as in the principal LMS version. This isn't the SMS notifications but use of all messages, announcements, and news about the dashboard of the mobile version. Still wants to be available within an effortless to view manner.
2) Whether or not the courses obtainable to a user are not mobile-friendly, users really should still have use of data to give a constant view to his / her modified learning plan.
3) Exact same view to learning plan as within the primary version. At least the view has to be exact same even when some components might not work on cellular devices - they've to become highlighted appropriately.
4) Use of Support center is helpful. Users need to be able to post a query to support without needing to log in to the primary LMS version.
5) Capacity to alter password and retrieve forgotten passwords.
6) Quick check feature to try mobile device for compatibility (ought to be completed automatically on each access, because of changing providers / devices / platforms.)
7) Control panel for critical MIS data - Course completions & Assessments due.
8) Access to Support center to have the ability to quickly respond to Support queries.
9) Capability to assign learning material to users.
10) Capability to make quick announcements /broadcast messages.
There are many more features that could be ported to some mobile version of the LMS and in the time would be.